The Canadian NBA betting online market is huge. It provides endless opportunities to bettors and sports fans. If you are new to online sports betting, this NBA betting guide will shed the light on how it works and what the best sports betting sites are. It will explain the basics and will help you find the best sportsbooks in Canada. Whether you’re just starting out or want to step up your game, you’ll find it all here.
NBA Betting Explained
In a nutshell, betting is a wager on the outcome of a sporting event. This may include guessing who will win a specific game, team, event, or series of events, who will make more points, etc. Sports betting is a much different subject than other types of gambling. It doesn’t involve playing the market, buying lottery tickets, or going to casinos to gamble. Instead, it is all about predicting the future results of games. The NBA is one of the most popular sports in Canada, with professional teams playing for numerous titles and records. The NBA is also one of the most challenging of all sports to bet on. With so many different teams and players, it can be hard to know what’s going on. It’s definitely important to monitor how your favourite team and players are doing. Below are some of the best bets for NBA betting Canada available on the web. It’s a good idea to pick some of these before you start putting any of your money down. Not only will they help you to understand how to make NBA bets, but they’ll also help you to make smarter choices.
- NBA Points to Spread Bets — One of the most popular bets in sports betting is to bet on the point spread. This means that you’re betting on one point or number to win. It’s a straightforward wager that allows bettors to see if they can pick the winner of the game based on the point total at the end of the game. The point spread isn’t as common in NBA betting Canada as in other sports. But, it’s a popular bet among sports bettors;
- NBA Over/Under Bets — Another very popular and the most rewarding bet in NBA betting is the over/under bet. The over/under is the difference between the point spread and the total. When the line is -8 points, the over/under is 8. When the line is 8 points, the over/under is -8. This means that you’re betting on whether the total of the game is going to be higher than or lower than the line;
- NBA Total Bets — Sometimes, a team can be extremely dominant in the first half. If you’re betting on the total, you may be looking for a huge advantage. This means that you’ll need to make a bet based on how many points the team is going to score in the final three quarters. If you’re betting on the total, you’ll need to bet on the number of points the team will score in every quarter. You’ll be betting on whether the team you favour will end up with a big advantage in the end;
- NBA Points in a Half Bets — While NBA points to spread and over/under betting is the most popular type of NBA betting Canada in today’s market, it is not the only type. Another very popular way to bet on NBA games is to bet on points in a half. The difference is that you’re betting on the number of points the team will score in any given quarter. If you’re looking for a wager with a lot of information to choose from, betting on points in half could be the best bet;
- NBA Free Picks — While you’ll be able to find a lot of useful information from sports betting platforms, it’s always better to use your own free picks to help make NBA bets. If you’re willing to put some of your own money down on the outcome of the game, you’ll be betting on whether the team you’re choosing to back will be the winner.
As you can see, there are quite many NBA betting Canada options to choose from. So you can pick the one that matches your knowledge or interests and promises a massive win.
NBA Live Betting
NBA live betting is one of the most popular sporting bet types. It is all about knowing what the winner of the basketball game will be before that game is completed. You can place a live bet before the game is over or during the game, depending on your preference. Before you start with live NBA betting Canada, you will need to learn the basic rules of the game:
- A basketball game is 60 minutes in length;
- A field goal is made when the ball is shot through the rim of the basket;
- A basket made by a jump shot or a shot through the basket is good;
- A basket made by the team from inside the line is good;
- A basket made by the team from outside the line is not counted;
- Every game is won by the team that is winning the games in regulation;
- If the games get tied after regulation has ended, then the winner is the team that won the last game.
Betting on NBA live takes a bit of time to master, but it is one of the most popular ways to bet on basketball. The best live NBA betting Canada comes from picking teams and players that have had good recent performances. Thus, you can be sure about winning a big leap.
What Are the Best NBA Betting Sites?
There are a couple of key features that distinguish the best NBA betting Canada sites from average platforms. First of all, a good sports betting site is licensed by a trusted regulatory body and has a flawless reputation. It boasts of positive feedback from its customers and rarely has complaints from users. Apart from that, top-notch sportsbooks provide a lot of betting options and a diverse action line for their users. They allow for betting on every NBA event and even provide live streaming. Aimed to ensure absolute comfort to the bettors, the best NBA betting Canada sites provide up-to-date basketball news, odds, and coefficients — all available on their websites. So bettors do not need to leave their sites and look for this information in any other place. If you are looking for a basketball betting platform that reflects all the above, you can find such a site here. We are constantly reviewing and testing different sports betting platforms and can recommend some good ones to you.
How Does NBA Betting Work?
The process of NBA betting is rather straightforward. The only trick is to select the right bet type and make the right prediction. Other than that, the process is easy, and everyone can master it fairly quickly. There are a couple of things that you need to keep in mind when you start to bet NBA events:
- Find a trusted NBA sports betting site;
- Register an NBA betting account there;
- Select an event that you want to bet on;
- Decide on the outcome that you want to bet on.
If you are fairly new to the NBA betting Canada world, then we strongly recommend that you check betting odds and coefficients before you make a bet. What is more, it is always good to start with smaller stakes and raise them step-by-step.
When Does the NBA Season Start?
The NBA starts in September with training camps in Las Vegas and Orlando, Florida, which are also the pre-season. The preseason consists of about 30 games spread out from September through mid-October. There are no preseason games in November. In between the pre-season and the regular season, there are some more games and the playoffs in April. The NBA is unique because the regular season does not begin until September. As a result, there are different requirements for the NBA schedule than other sports, such as football, baseball, and hockey. Unlike those sports, the NBA can play any team on any day of the year.
When Does the NBA Season End?
The NBA regular season ends on April 15th every year. While that date is a significant part of each year’s slate, it doesn’t actually count as the end of the season. In fact, the season doesn’t end until the championship series is over. As such, the date of April 15th, the unofficial start of NBA free agency, isn’t that date of the year. It’s the start of the NBA’s post-season.
How Do I Bet on the NBA Finals?
The NBA Finals are the most competitive series in all sports. So, the NBA has a system to make sure that you know exactly how to bet on the NBA Finals safely and legally. There are so many variables and possibilities that it would be foolish for an individual to take all the games in the NBA Finals out for wagers. Betting on basketball events, such as the NBA finals, is complicated. We can’t just pick either of the teams to win; we have to bet on the exact winner. With a game seven in the balance of these finals, the bookies only have to be right about 50% of the time to make $250 on their “underdog” prediction. NBA Finals are the most open and hard to predict to date, meaning that a single prediction on either the “favourite” or the “underdog” will be extremely profitable. The easiest thing to do is just look at the games on the offered list and make the wagers that are most appealing to you. The games that are “close” or highly “shaky” will be the most profitable ones. If you want to take it one step further, simply figure out how much money you are comfortable losing on each game to be able to afford to have $250 on your favourite team winning. You can also try putting your bets on the “favoured” team and bet the entire $250, but in the world of sports betting, the only way to win is to back a winner.